Friday, September 19, 2014

"Blog Post 5 - PLNs What Are They? 1"

"Blog Post 5 - PLNs What Are They? 1"
By: Noah Armstrong

     

     You may ask what these 2 pictures have to do with each other. The truth is in the context of PLN's they are essentially the same. To use the words from Dr. Strange's 2009 version of Project 6, they are both dipping into a PLN stream. They just happen to be on other ends of the planet from each other.

     When I first looked at this blog assignment I was slightly worried. This being my first real education coarse, I haven't really ever thought about a PLN. I have a few teachers from various high schools in my home town that really did well teaching me in their specific fields, as well as college Professors like Dr. Strange who has plenty of experience and could probably opperate a Mac better than some people in an Apple Store. Dr. Brazy has become one of my prime candidates for future help teaching history. I have had her twice already and she does a amazing job with thought provoking questions and discussion that makes you look at history through a whole new lens. The people in my current and future EDM classes will surely hear from me in the future as i am sure that they will develop their own PLN's that i can dip  into through them. 

     Back to the picture conundrum. How are a coach and a teacher both using a Learning network? While looking at my currently small teachers learning network I realized that I already have a massive network of coaches from high school, college, as well as all their friends, and conferences/clinics that I can use to learn new techniques and  material from just like I would as a teacher. It turns out I'm not bad at developing a PLN, I have just been Developing one great one without noticing it. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "education coarse"--course
    "college Professors like Dr. Strange who has plenty"--professors, have
    "opperate a Mac"--operate
    "does a amazing job"--an
    "i am sure","i can"--I
    "Developing"--the d does not need to be capitalized

    Good post. Forgot to add to my last comment that your pictures are lacking alt/title modifiers. Please fix this!

    ReplyDelete