Sunday, October 26, 2014

blog post #10

What tools and techniques discussed in this weeks video interview could I use in my class room?
By: Noah Armstrong 

Well as far as people who Dr. Strange has shown us who use blogs and technology this week's was one that I actually found a good bit of insight. being a secondary education student I see a lot of the projects we do based more toward small children. Therefor, I sometimes have trouble seeing its application merit in a high school History classroom, but as I said this week was better.  
I found a few good ideas I think would transfer over well. I have been playing around with the idea of a biweekly blog post by my future students of around 500 words on a history topic that fallows what unit we are in and the sights mentioned that this teacher uses to find college classes to comment on her students blogs seems like a good idea to give some real world credibility to their work rather than just the idea of doing it for me as a teacher so they get the grade. 
The tool being used that caught my eye the most however, was not in the interview. It was in her class video where they were using Skype to talk to a geologist about rocks. I think if I could find a professor that would take some time out of their schedule to just field some questions by my students that might insight a true debate and actually get my students interested and taking sides on issues of history it could really be a turning point in the year.
 

2 comments:

  1. Noah,
    I really enjoyed reading your post and you had some great points. I just want to remind you that you must have at least one working link and your picture must have an alt and title modifier. Also, be sure to check your spelling and grammar before posting your post. If you need any help be sure to get help from Dr. Strange or the lab assistants.
    Thanks,
    Lauren Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. What impediments might you face, and how would you address them? Also, where are your working links and alt/title modifiers for your picture?

    "and technology this week's"--Put a comma after "technology".
    "being a secondary"--Capitalize the b in "being" since it is a new sentence.
    "Therefor"--Therefore
    "we are in and the sights"--sites. Also, put a comma after "in".
    "issues of history it could"--Put a period after "history" and start a new sentence with "It could".

    ReplyDelete