Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bog Post #1: "What About EDM310"

"What About EDM310": The Students Honest Point of View
By: Noah Armstrong 

1. What are the things (if any) you have heard about EDM310?

* I had heard from my academic adviser and other football players that have taken this class that the work load would be substantial. They told me that it was nothing that I couldn't do but it would take up more time than I was used to. With this class being mandatory for teaching I was more than happy to take it on. Teaching and coaching have been my dream since the beginning of high school and anything that needs to be done to get there is just something to be knocked out.    

2. What fears (if any) do you have about EDM310?

* I am slightly concerned about how this class is run using blogs, which is something I don't really have much experience with. However, once I get used to the operation and get into a schedule of dong my work I'm sure that this will be no problem.

3. Compare and contrast EDM310 with other courses you have taken in college or high school.

* The fact that this class is mostly online separates it from most classes I have taken here at South as well as in high school. In comparison to the classes I have had that were online, this class (EDM310) is more spread out. Instead of everything being on one website where you just click on your homework and do it this class is on multiple blogs and emails and so i find it slightly harder to pick up.

 4. What do you think will be the most difficult thing for you in EDM310?

* Like I said, the fact that nothing is all in the same place is difficult. Going back and forth between your blog, the class blog, and the documents that are sent to you gets to be rather confusing and just becomes a jumble of links and multicolored spreadsheets.

5. What is the best way for you to address this “most difficult” aspect of EDM310?

* One could talk to Dr. Strange and or visit the EDM lab to get some help in understanding what it is that they need to be doing. Truthfully it is just a matter of adapting to a knew system and that is just as important a skill as any we can learn in this institution.

   6. What questions do you still have about EDM310? What ideas do you have about how to
address those questions?

* At this point most of my questions have been answered. I am sure that others will develop soon however.

1 comment: